Trip Interview with Andrew Austin (Head Coach of Zheng Dao Lo Martial Arts UK)
Name: Andrew Austin
Occupation: Martial Arts Instructor
From: England UK
Purpose of Trip: Chinese Culture and Tai Chi
Visited Places: Beijing, Wudang, Xian
Andrew's group was taking the Five Animal Qigong class at Wudang Mountain
Thanks for coming to China with SCIC Beijing!
1: Was this your first time in China?
No, it's my 8th
2: Which trip were you participating there?
Cultural China 2010 - Tai Chi Immersion
3: How long was your trip for
4. What did you think of China
It's an incredible country with an abundance of culture, arts, philosophy and beauty.
5. How were your local guides and SCIC Staff?
All fantastic as usual.
6. Any tips on getting the most from the Trip?
Not really, just relax and enjoy it!
7. What did you learn on the cultural workshops? Did you enjoy them?
Calligraphy, painting,Music, tea ceremony, taiji - They were all great!
8. What did you think of Chinese food there?
Loved it.. Delicious!
9. What were the meals like on the trip? And what was your favourite Chinese dish?
The meals were all great as there was always a good selection to choose from. I couldn't decide a favourite as there were many superb dishes.
10. What was your accommodation like?
The accommodation was terrific. Wudang was a little more 'rural' but did the job nicely and added to the experience.
11. Have you made any friends on the trip?
Yes, we joined with several other groups, and we all now keep in contact.
12. What is your favourite thing about the trip?
Me and my sister being the only ones at the top of Wudangs golden summit after everyone else left, and chilling out looking down at the mountains.
13. Why did you choose SCIC Beijing's Travel Program?
Because I'm friends with the managing director, Mr Chen Lei, who always does a fantastic job of making sure everything goes well. He is always available to help out, and makes our visits a real pleasure.
14. What benefits have you gotten from the Trip?
I've relaxed a lot more, learnt more about China and the culture, and broadened my perspective on things here in England.
15. Any tips for other visitors coming to China for study trips or holiday?
Not really. The whole experience is amazing, so just come along and enjoy!
16. What other places or cities you would like to visit next time?
Maybe Yunnan and Li-jiang again.
17. Will you come to China with SCIC Beijing again?
Yes, next year.